Saturday 22 August 2015

Week 22, Race 20: Stewart parkrun

After a few weeks off (due to a lovely holiday in France and a theatre date in London), I got going with my 40/40 challenge again this week.
We were visiting Gary's parents in Middlesbrough so we decided to go on our parkrun travels and did the Stewart Park parkrun.
First, the excuses! I had injured my toe in a waterslide-related incident on holiday and I really wasn't sure that I'd be able to run 5km. Added to that, we had driven up on Friday night and been caught in a long traffic jam on the A1 so didn't have as much sleep as we had hoped for! Plus 3 weeks off running hadn't done much for my fitness.
The course was 2 laps around a lovely park starting and finishing at the Captain Cook Birthplace museum, we even ran over "Cooks World" which made me smile.
I enjoyed the run but was a little disappointed with how I felt (knackered) and my time (30:35) but I enjoyed the run nonetheless. On a positive note, it was the first time in a long time Gary and I ran in the same race as we had some handy babysitters too. And we forced/encouraged Gary's cousin Julie to run too after not having run for a while :-)
Officially halfway in my challenge now...

No comments:

Post a Comment